Most Asked Questions about our WeddingsHow many wedding do you conduct each day?We strictly limit the number of weddings we perform to no more than one a day to protect that special sense of individuality. Allow us to suggest that you consider some alternative dates as well as some indication of the time that you would like to get married keeping in mind that all legal marriages must be conducted prior to nightfall.What is the residency requirement to be legally married in Saint Lucia?Both parties must have resided in St. Lucia for at least three working days (Monday to Friday) prior to the ceremony for a standard marriage license. Additional fees will be incurred for a 24-hour express marriage license.What are the Legal Requirements to be married in Saint Lucia?The following documents are required upon arrival. Please note that only original documents will be accepted at the Attorney general’s Office in Saint Lucia. Clear and complete copies of the documents will be required prior to travel. Documents in any language other than English must be accompanied by an authentic translation that can be obtained from the relevant Consulate, Embassy or Government Records Department:
- Decree absolute (if either party is divorced)
- Death certificate (if either party is widowed)
- Deed poll certificate (if any names have been changed)
- Passports (valid for a minimum of six months) or immigration forms from the airport
- Birth certificates
- Two (2) Witnesses (will be provided if necessary)How do I confirm a wedding date and time?A Romance Agreement is completed and submitted to our Romance Department along with a non-refundable deposit of $300 that secures your wedding date & time.When does the planning of the wedding commence?Our Romance Department starts the consultations 3-4 months prior to the wedding date where décor items, floral arrangements, cake choices, menus and more can be arranged depending on the wedding package chosen. These arrangements must be made prior to travel to guarantee our perfect day. In case you have any queries or concerns prior to this time, you may email us.Can I start planning before the 3 months?Our experience shows that waiting until 3 months prior provides a better association of the guest count and seasonal vendor pricing. We do not recommend hosting a planning call any earlier than 4 months prior to your wedding date. Within those 3 months we will be able to fully focus on your special day.What happens after the planning call?You will receive a draft copy of your Bridal Consultation Form and send any information needed as well as an extras calculator in case you have any additions. All final decisions are due 45 days prior to your wedding date at which time we shall also be collecting final payment.What times are the Romance Planners available?Tuesday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM (U.S. – Eastern Standard Time)When can I expect my Romance Planner to respond to my emails, phone calls or messages?You should be expecting a response within 24 to 48 hours, Monday through Friday. Should you send an email or leave a message after business hours on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday please allow 1-2 business days for a response.What type of hotel is Calabash Cove?Calabash Cove is a romantic and rather quiet boutique resort. Most of our guests enjoy a little peace and quiet, some elbow space, a relaxing dip in the Caribbean Sea and a good book or movie.Are you an all-inclusive (AI) or European Plan (EP) hotel?Currently we offer both options.What does the All Inclusive (AI) rate include?We are not a typical all inclusive resort. Our Carefree All-Inclusive plan was only introduced because of popular demand. It allows for easy budgeting and covers all beverages including premium brand liquor, an in-room bar and wines from a wine list as well as all meals including room service. If you are visiting to mainly relax the Carefree All-Inclusive plan may well be for you.What does the European Plan (EP) rate include?The European plan option includes room and breakfast. If you are planning on going out often it may be a better idea to opt for this plan.We would like to get married at your resort what special offer is available and what is the procedure?What would be the best time of day to have the wedding?We will only book one wedding per day so you can pick your favorite time of the day. We do however suggest the late afternoon as the most suitable time for this special occasion.When will I receive our marriage license?Approximately one day after your wedding, you will receive a certified copy of your marriage certificate as well as your original documents.What are the Payment & Cancellation terms?A non-refundable deposit of US$300 secures your wedding date and time. An additional 50% deposit is required in order to secure your wedding package amenities payable at six (6) months prior to the wedding date, with the remaining final payment due forty-five (45) days prior to the event. Cancellations made within ninety (90) days prior to the event may receive a partial refund if received in writing from the bridal couple, though the initial deposit of $300 is non-refundable.Can I book the whole hotel for my wedding?Book Calabash Cove for a destination wedding or a family or corporate affair for up to 52 guests on a Carefree All Inclusive package of US$25,200 in Winter 2015, US$19,400 in Summer 2015 and US$26,400 in Winter 2016. Rates are per day and subject to tax and service charge. Minimum stay 5 nights. Some periods may be subject to availability.