Serves 4 – 6
- Blend everything until smooth. If using raw beet, blend it first until as smooth as possible and then add all other ingredients.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve look, or freeze in a container for more ice cream-like look.
- 1 lbs. strawberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Chop strawberries and add them to a medium sauce pot, heating over medium heat.
- Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Use your immersion blender to puree strawberry mixture. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, use a regular blender or a food processor.)
- **If you will be using sauce in frosting or some kind of cream filling, strain puree to get rid of leftover chunks.