Calabash one love salad
1 lbs. local yam
1 tbs. salt
1 lbs. beet root
1 carrot (cut into julienne)
1 small cucumber (cut into julienne)
1 artichoke (cut into 4)
1 lbs. cherry tomato (cut into half)
1 lbs. organic leaves
- Peel, wash and cut yellow yam into cubes.
Bring water to a boil in a sauce pot, add yam and salt and boil until fork tender.
- Boil beetroots with skins on until fork tender, cool and peeled cut into cubes.
- Cut and julienne cucumber and carrots, place in cold water for 5 to 10mins.
- Grill marinated artichoke and cut into 4 wedges, also cherry tomatoes cut in haft.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl with herbs dressing and served
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons peeled fresh garlic
8 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons chopped lemon zest
4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil, marjoram, thyme)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing: in a small food processor, combine all ingredients and blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute until emulsified.