- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. strawberry sauce (garnish)
- 1 ½ cup sweetened whipped cream (garnish as desired)
- Add all ingredients except for toppings to a mixer in the order listed. Mix until completely smooth but not thick.
- Heat a crepe pan or large round pan over medium high heat. Grease lightly, and add roughly ⅓-1/2 cup of batter. Tilt it quickly but carefully, evenly distributing the batter over the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute until the bottom is dry and cooked, then flip and cook another 30-60 seconds until the second side is cooked. (Exact cook time will depend on the temperature of your pan)
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and serve with strawberry sauce and whipped cream as desired.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and reheat perfectly!
Chocolate ice cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. blueberries
- 4 oz. chocolate sauce (garnish)
- ½ cup mint leaves (garnish)
- 1 cup whipped (cream garnish if needed )
- Combine sugar, milk, salt, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat .while stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer. Place the egg yolks into a small bowl, gradually stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid and return to the saucepan.
- Heat until thickened, but do not boil. Remove from the heat, and stir in the chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted. Pour into a chilled bowl, and refrigerate for about two hours until cold, stirring occasionally.
- When chocolate mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream, and vanilla pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Melt the chocolate in a metal bowl placed over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove this from the heat and pour the chocolate into a parchment pastry cone.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and pipe patterns and designs with the chocolate, making them 1 to 2 inches in size. Repetition is the best practice to improve and create consistent designs. Chill the chocolate garnishes for 10 minutes to set, then peel them off the paper and use them to decorate your desserts