Lentils, tomatoes, onions, chopped fresh kale and creamy coconut milk makes this a perfect cozy weather meal. It’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, budget friendly and ready in about 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups organic lentils (uncooked)
- 2 3/4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz. can)
- 3 organic tomatoes (small/diced)
- 1/2 organic onions (large/diced)
- 1 cup organic kale (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 pinches organic ground cayenne pepper
- Prepare vegetables: dice onions and tomatoes and chop kale into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients (EXCEPT: chopped kale and coconut milk) into a medium-sized pot, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer (low/medium) and cover and cook for 30 – 40 minutes (or until the lentils are soft), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped kale and coconut milk, stir well.
- Add additional vegetable broth/salt/seasonings, if needed.