- 4 zucchini, medium
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle with a spoon or melon baller. Discard or Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix to combine bell pepper, tomato, corn, olives, garlic, oregano and black pepper. Fill each zucchini with a mixture distributing evenly. Place in a large baking dish or rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Top with tofu and broil on high for 3 more minutes or until cheese has browned. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parsley and serve hot or cold.
?Spinach and Honey Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp. white wine vinegar2 tbsp. peeled fresh garlic
- 8 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. chopped lemon zest
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ? cup honey
- 11/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
To make the dressing: in a small food processor combine all ingredients and blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute until emulsified.
Yield:8 Tomato Servings
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat (it should be hot enough so you can hold your hand about 1 inch above the cooking grate for 3 to 4 seconds before pulling it away from the heat).
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise (imagine the tomatoes are globes; cut them along the ?equator?). Lay the tomato halves cut-side-up on a large baking sheet or tray. ????????????????Brush the cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
- Lay the tomatoes oiled-side-down on the grill. Close the lid if using a gas grill. ????????????????Cook until grill marks appear on the tomatoes, about 5 minutes.
- Brush the other sides with oil and sprinkle them with salt. Turn the tomato halves over, close the lid on a gas grill and cook until grill marks appear on the other side, about 5 more minutes.
- Use tongs or a spatula to transfer the tomatoes back to the baking sheet or onto a serving?s platter.
Serve grilled tomatoes hot or at room temperature.
Crispy vegetables salad
- 1 medium carrots
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh dill, loosely packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Peel carrots, and cut them into 3-inch lengths. Using a mandolin or sturdy vegetable peeler, slice carrots, cucumber into thin, translucent strips. Place strips in ice-water bath, and let stand until curly, about 20 minutes. Transfer carrots to a paper towel; blot dry.
- Combine carrot, cucumber strips, dill, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the salad, and toss to combine and service.